Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My favorite Singer/Songwriter

My favorite singer is . . . ¡surprise!: Taylor Swift

To start, I have to say that Taylor’s first music style was Country. But then she started to evolve in different styles of music so now she is doing more of a Pop/electropop kind of music, which I don’t like so much but I love her writing anyways so it's ok.

Taylor started playing guitar and writing her own songs from a really young age, but her first big break was with her song ‘Love Story’ in 2008. From that moment she only got bigger in time.

Her famous songs, I would say, are the ones that everyone hears on radio. Starting from “You Belong With Me" or “Love Story” to “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”, “22” and “I Knew You Were Trouble”. Personally I don’t like those songs so much, I mean, I like them but I fell in love with her music because of other songs she had written that most of the people don’t know.

There are many reasons why I love this musician, but the main one is because of her writing. She, unlike many other musicians, writes the music she plays, herself and it’s constantly telling stories through her unique way to describe situations she has lived and what her feelings felt like in that exact moment. When I listen one of this songs I can imagine perfectly what she lived even though I wasn't there at all.
I also learned how to play guitar with her songs, I practiced with every one of them, every day and I've became so much better at it so that’s one more reason to love her, right?


I listen to her songs, basically, at all times. If I'm feeling sad, I listen to one of her songs and for sure she will have one that will make me feel understood, also if I’m feeling happy or whatever.

I think the song I’m about to link next describes everything I just said. It’s called ‘All Too Well’, here it goes.


That's all . . . For now :)

2 comments:

  1. Great writing, dear! Taylor is the best, no doubt about it! Its so hard to decide a favorite song of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job, Clau. Thank you.

    Excelent vocabulary.

    Task 3
    coherence and cohesion 3
    lexis and grammar 3 = 9pts. 7,0

    ReplyDelete